BROADWAY CARES/EQUITY FIGHTS AIDS RELEASES VIVACIOUS 2016 HOLIDAY ALBUM
The 18th volume in the ?Broadway?s Carols for a Cure? collection is full of Broadway?s favorite musicals such as Hamilton, Waitress, and Chicago
The holiday season is not complete without the perfect music to accompany it.? ?Broadway?s Carols for a Cure? is the latest compilation album that embodies the spirit of the season like nothing else can.? A project born completely out of love, ?Broadway?s Carols for a Cure? pairs the casts from famous Broadway musicals with songs that are both classic and new.? The result is pure gold that will make you reach for the ?repeat? button over and over again.
Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS is ?Broadway?s incredible, dedicated nonprofit organization that helps individual people with serious illnesses such as AIDS and women?s health issues receive the health care and support they need.? In addition, they provide financial support in the form of grants to AIDS and family service organizations throughout the country,? according to ?Broadway?s Carols for a Cure? producer Lynn Pinto.
With a jaw-dropping list of all the most popular musicals, each production company is allowed the creative freedom to choose their contribution.? Instead of the typical live singing the artists are used to, they?re provided with intimate studios that allow for vocal and instrumental isolations.? This makes the album unique from the majority of cast albums on the market, and showcases some of the best voices and instrumentalists in the world.
After 18 years of experience, you can imagine that producer Lynn Pinto and engineer Andros Rodriguez know how to create perfection.? The production team they work with is passionate and relentless in their pursuit of the ideal sound.? After listening to several seconds of any track, it becomes very clear that ?Broadway?s Carols for a Cure? is magical.
Some of the most notable songs on the album include:
- Chicago ? The first track opening this year?s album is a standout original titled ?Holiday Melody? written by cast member Brian O?Brien and orchestrated by Richard Rockage.? Roxie Hart herself, performer Angel Reda provides the knockout vocals which kicks the album off with a joyful, holiday feel.
- Hamilton ? With a song titled ?I Can See the Light? written by performer Anthony Ramos and Associate Music Director Kurt Crowley.? Ramos sings the solo, backed up by the smooth group vocals from the rest of the company, creating an infectious instant yule-time hit.
- Waitress ? With Jessie Mueller and the incredibly fun and talented cast, they perform Sara Bareilles? ?Love is Christmas,? that feels, in the words of music director Nadia Digiallonardo, ?like a big, warm hug!?
- Matilda ? For their farewell song on the album, composer Deborah Abramson creates a wistful and gorgeous new ?Auld Lang Syne.?? With voices featuring all ages from the show, it?s a nostalgic look back on the wonderful friendships that have been made during the run of the show.? As a bonus, the masterpiece contains the voices of every single one of the 19 girls who played Matilda since opening night.
- On Your Feet ? The cast performs Gloria Estefan?s ?Christmas Through Your Eyes? with energetic verve and a special nod to a Cuban Christmas in Miami.
- The Lion King ? Cast member Mduduzi M. Madela wrote original melodies and added beautiful African chants for a very special ?What Wondrous Love,? orchestrated and conducted by Cherie Rosen.? The company is featured, as well as three child soloists from the cast to create stunning results.
- Alix Korey with the cast of Fiddler on the Roof
- Rob McClure with the cast of Something Rotten!
- Leona Lewis with the cast of CATS
- Drew Seeley with the cast of Jersey Boys National Tour
- Robert Creighton for Cagney
- Chilina Kennedy & Jessica Keenan Wynn with the cast of Beautiful
- 11-year-old Raghav Mehrotra on drums with the cast of School of Rock
- The entire, stellar orchestra and cast of The Phantom of the Opera, led by Maestro Richard Carsey
And the list still goes on and on.? The only way to immerse yourself in the beauty and love ?Broadway?s Carols for a Cure? exudes is to listen to it in its entirety.? It will envelop you with warmth, like a cozy blanket on a snowy Winter?s day. ?
You can purchase ?Broadway?s Carols for a Cure? at most all Broadway musicals and is available now at participating Broadway Shows through December 4th, and for online purchase at www.broadwaycares.org.? Previous volumes are also available for purchase there and at www.itunes.com. ?