Introduces Grindr Tribes, Enhanced Chat, Revamped Interface and Other Added Features to Meet More Guys Faster; Completely Redesigned for iOS 7
Grindr Guys Send One Billion Chat Messages Monthly; Exchange One Billion Photos and Log-in One Billion Times in the Last 60 Days
LOS ANGELES,?Oct. 1, 2013?/PRNewswire/ –?Grindr?today announces the launch of the new version of the premier all-male mobile location-based app, which has been rebuilt from the ground up to deliver a faster, more engaging experience for its seven million-plus users around the globe. The latest iteration of Grindr and Grindr Xtra for iOS and Android devices features a sleek design, an optimized user interface and many additional features that users will find helpful in their quest to find their ideal guy. The app has also been completely redesigned for iOS 7.
“We rewrote the software for the new Grindr with a focus on speed ? giving our users the ability to meet other guys in mere minutes. We did that by strengthening the app’s reliability and performance, and by introducing ‘Tribes’ and other filters to make it even simpler for men to identify themselves and find exactly what they’re looking for,” said?Joel Simkhai, founder and CEO of Grindr. “Get ready for a whole new level of user personalization, speed and convenience to the Grindr experience, along with many added capabilities for Grindr Xtra users ? all in a new sleek design.”
“The new versions of Grindr and Grindr Xtra come at an exciting time as we’ve seen an impressive level of engagement among our users,” added Simkhai. During the last month, Grindr guys sent one billion chat messages to each other. They also exchanged one billion photos and logged in one billion times in a two month time span. Additionally, Grindr delivers an astounding one billion ad impressions in just under two weeks.
The new app is set to revolutionize the Grindr experience for its user base, which is by far the largest, farthest-reaching and widest-ranging of any gay mobile social app. It provides heightened functionality and performance, including new filters and a slide-screen menu, and a revamped aesthetic, such as a restyled Grindr logo and modern profile design, making it that much faster to meet even more guys.
New Grindr features include:
- Powered by all-new software for enhanced speed and performance, the new Grindr has a sleek?design?that includes updates to its logo and profile.
- With the new Grindr?Tribes, users can identify themselves with a niche group and filter their search to help find their type of guy. Grindr Tribes include: Bear, Clean-cut, Daddy, Discreet, Geek, Jock, Leather, Otter, Poz, Rugged, Trans and Twink.
- Grindr users can?filter?by Age, Looking For, and Tribes.
- A new?Chats?inbox feature enables users to see all their past conversations; view chats from Favorites; and delete individual lines of text from a chat screen.
- Grindr users can see profiles, location and last-online data update of other Grindr guys. And, the Grindr cascade screen features larger?thumbnails?and users can automatically?Load More Guys?as they scroll.
- Grindr users can show off their Grindr Tribe, Looking For and Body Type in their?Profile, along with the ability to link to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and increased About Me and Display Name character limits.
- And the new Grindr supports the?iPhone 5, 5C and 5S?screen size.
Features for the new Grindr Xtra, the premium subscription version of Grindr, include:
- All of the above, plus?
- Grindr Xtra users get unlimited?filters: Photos Only, Height, Weight, Age, Body Type, Ethnicity, Looking For, Relationship Status and Grindr Tribes. (Grindr users get three filter options.)
- With?Tribes, Grindr Xtra users will be able to choose up to three Grindr Tribe affiliations. (Grindr users get one.)
- Grindr Xtra users can effortlessly send more saved photos from “My Photos” and phrases from “Saved Phrases“; quickly send multiple photos previously sent to other users; and add new “Saved Phrases” from within chats.
- Grindr Xtra users will have an enhanced?swipe?navigation that allows them to quickly switch between both profiles and chats.
- Grindr Xtra users can view?300 guys?? that’s 200 more than Grindr.
- Grindr Xtra users can?favorite?(and?block) an unlimited number of Grindr guys, and have the ability to view favorites who are online at any given moment.
- With the?Online Only?button, Grindr Xtra users can quickly find the guys who are online and ready to chat right now.
- And Grindr Xtra has no?banner advertising.
More than 1.2 million Grindr users log on to the app every day, and exchange 30 million-plus chat messages and two million-plus photos to one another. Grindr users spend about two hours using the app daily, and they log in an average of eight times per day. Up to 300,000 users are logged onto Grindr at any given moment.
The Grindr and Grindr Xtra Apps are available for free and?$.99, respectively, from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at?AppStore.com/Grindr. The apps are also available at the Google Play Store for Android devices?GrindrAndroid.com.
Launched in 2009, Grindr is the premier all-male geo-social network that uses location-based technologies to bring together a global community of more than seven million users in 192 countries. Grindr also offers a fully loaded, premium subscription-based service called Grindr Xtra. Grindr is currently available on the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Android and BlackBerry models. For more information about Grindr, visit?Grindr.com?or?Grindr.com/Press, like us on Facebook at?Facebook.com/Grindr, follow us on Twitter at?Twitter.com/Grindr?and check us out on?Instagram.com/Grindr.