?The Sound of Music Live!? (4.6/13 in 18-49 and 18.470 million viewers overall) dominated the night?with NBC?s best 18-49 Thursday average, excluding sports, since the night of the ?ER? finale?(5.2, April 2, 2009).
In total viewers, this is NBC?s best Thursday average excluding sports since May 13, 2004?(?Frasier? finale night, 22.597 million viewers).
- NBC won its fifth night in a row among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in 18-49 (12/1-5).??It?s the first time since June 2002 that NBC has won five nights in a row, excluding Olympics (since a six-night streak June 2-7, 2002; NBC?s last in-season five-night streak was May 1-5, 2002).
- The top local market in metered market households came in Carrie Underwood?s home state, with Oklahoma City giving the three-hour special a 20.7/28.???NBC ranked #1 in primetime in all 56 metered markets.
- With an +84% advantage over 2nd?place CBS in A18-49 and excluding sports, this is NBC?s best Thursday night dominance opposite all original broadcast competition since 10/4/01 (+161% vs. 2nd?place CBS).
- Sound of Music Live led Big Bang in the 8pm half-hour (17.560 million vs. 15.261 million), marking the first time a show has topped Big Bang in P2+ head-to-head in strict half-hour data since?American Idol?did it on 5/10/12 (13.711 million vs. 13.668 million).
- With 18.470 million viewers, it?s the?most watched non-sports Thursday night for any network since Fox aired a Thursday ?Idol? on March 3, 2011?(25.310 million).With 18.470 million viewers, it?s the NBC?s?most watched non-sports night on any night of the week since Jan. 15, 2007?(Golden Globes, 20.036 million)
In kids 2-11 (3.0?rating) and female teens (3.9) ?The Sound of Music Live!? delivered NBC?s highest non-sports?Thursday?night?since the ?Friends: finale night on May 6, 2004 (5.5 for Kids / 14.3 for F12-17).? And it was NBC?s top kids 2-11 average for any night of the week, excluding sports, since Nov. 28, 2004 (Shrek, A Christmas Carol: The Musical, also a 3.0 rating)