Pride Films and Plays “Gay Play Weeend” Is Right Around The Corner…
We have been working for six months on Gay Play Weekend, and we are thrilled that now it is right around the corner.
I guarantee you will enjoy the enhanced staged readings of these four new plays and one new musical.
More importantly, each reading is followed by a talk back with the author and the artists who worked on the reading.
This is your chance to impact what happens next with new LGBT theater!
Performances are April 13 to 15 at the Hoover- Leppen Theater of Center on Halsted, 3656 N Halsted.
Hello Norma Jeane, a comedy about Marilyn Monroe, and Mr. Teddy, a very provocative look at a long-standing three-way role-playing relationship, are both highly entertaining and thought-provoking. At The Flash is destined to be a classic solo tour-de-force performance piece illuminating 50 years of gay history, while Lost in History is a beautifully personal story about parents, aging, and much more. And our first musical to be named a finalist, Under A Rainbow Flag, is a charming real-life story of a WWII naval corpsman who still lives in Evanston, Illinois.
The schedule for the weekend is:
- Friday, April 13, 7:30 – Lost in History, starring Artistic Ensemble Member Patrick Rybarczyk
- Saturday, April 14, 4:30 – Mr. Teddy, starring Artistic Ensemble Members Jude Hansen and Mark Smaglinski, and featuring Kyra Morris, Teddy Boone, Mark Boergers, and Alex Wolking.
- Saturday, April 14, 7:30 – Hello Norma Jeane, starring Artistic Ensemble members Kris Hyland, Michelle McKenzie-Voigt, Chad Ryan, and Kelli Walker, and featuring Rachel Payne and David Geinosky.
- Sunday, April 15, 1:30 – At The Flash, starring Artistic Ensemble member Lee Wichman.
- Sunday, April 15, 4:30 – Under A Rainbow Flag, starring Artistic Ensemble Members Tom Chiola and Kris Hyland, and featuring Bobby Arnold, Jon Landvick, Meghan Murphy, Colin Sphar and Nick Stockwell. Robert Ollis is Musical Director.
Directors for the series include Artistic Ensemble Member Derek Bertelsen (Mr. Teddy), Artistic Associates John Nasca (Hello Norma Jeane) and Andrew Souders (Lost in History), and Executive Director David Zak (Under A Rainbow Flag and At The Flash).
?Tickets for each performance are $10 and may be purchased here.